Our Fears are Drowned in His Love


This year has been a beautiful adventure. Last August driving up to Redding, CA for my first year at Bethel School of ministry I wasn’t quite sure what I was getting myself in for. To be honest I came up with a lot of question and uncertainties about the school I had signed up for- but regardless of my feelings I felt Gods hand strongly prompting me to go. In the place for my skepticism and nervousness I entered into a beautiful season of truly experiencing the goodness of God.  In every step throughout my first year I was met with Gods open hands and open heart. As His children His posture towards us is always love. I have found the beauty of in every circumstance being met with the open invitation to look into the eyes of Jesus, to be reminded of what He says, and who He says I am. God is so available, it is up to me, up to us, to choose how much of Him we chase after. 

In this next season I feel God pressing on my heart the power of choice and intentionality. People who do great things for God get there by continually choosing to go after it. They do not bow to the circumstances they see, they bow to the truth of what Jesus says -to heal sick, to deliver people from torment, to preach the gospel. It is not that those who step out in these areas do not get scared or sometimes feel as though they failed but rather they choose not to allow fear to be their master, they push and challenge themselves to step out beyond what feels comfortable. It can be easy to fall into the mindset of –if I am meant to do it God will just have it drop in my lap. But I find that God is so proud of us when we push ourselves, when we run after something and we aren’t exactly sure what it will look like or if we will fall flat on our faces. But it is in knowing who God is, knowing His heart, knowing His nature, and knowing who I am in Him, that I can step out in these areas.  Romans 8:14- says “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba, Father”!”  - As Children of God, we are not under fear; we are under the covering of our Father.

And as I choose to stay and do my 2nd year at Bethel School, I remind myself of my identity and to remember that fear is not my master. God has shown me so much favor with my job, the support I have been given and numerous other blessings. I know He is faithful and I know He is good so I know in His leading me to do 2nd year that He will also continue to provide for me.

I know I would not be where I am without the many people who have prayed for me and given generously to me throughout the years.

If you would like to sow into my next season here at Bethel, the total cost for 2nd year is $4500, $450 of which is due July 14th. 
If you would like to donate you can do so at this link: https://my.bssm.net/donations/transactions/new?student=226711

Comments

Popular Posts