My exciting new adventure!

I have a new adventure to share with you! 

It has almost been a year since I went to Africa. Since my return, life in Southern California has been a wonderful adventure and I have been blessed with great friends and the ability to work in environments I've truly enjoyed and learned a lot in. However, God is asking me to step out in faith on a new journey. Beginning in September, I will be going to become a first-year student at the Bethel School in Redding California! I am so excited to go and so excited to share this journey with others.


For those of you who are reading this and are not quite sure what Bethel is - while it is a school, I would describe it as being similar to a YWAM DTS - as attendees do not receive specific degree, but the focus is on committing themselves to a year of learning more about God, growing in faith and putting what they learn into action. 
One thing I love is that Bethel is very focused on bringing God to your community - they truly seek to love those around them and bring God's love to them. However, it is not just a year of doing; it is also a year of learning. From Monday - Thursday there are around 20 hours of class time, homework, projects and group meetings.

My desire during this season is to grow in many areas. I want to grow in knowledge and understanding of scripture and Gods word, in being a woman of prayer, and in and using the ways God has given me to bring him glory. I want to be challenged to understand scripture in greater ways and to be bold. Making this move to Bethel is something I have been thinking about for many many months. When I hear Bethel sermons or listen to testimonies from people who have gone to Bethel, my heart and faith are greatly encouraged, and I consider it a huge blessing to have the opportunity to spend this year there. I am excited to grow in this season - in my knowledge of scripture, using my gifts to serve God boldly, and truly being Gods light and love in my community.

Please let me know if you would like to know more or have any questions:

I would love for you to join me in prayer as I find a place to live and look for a part time job in order to cover tuition and my living expenses for the year (God has blessed me with great jobs so far that have allowed me to cover part of my costs for the year.) 

The cost of going to Bethel for a year is $4400. If you would like to support me by donating to my year in training, I would greatly greatly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart - if you would like to donate (even if it is only a couple dollars), you can follow this link: and type in my name in the search bar.

https://www.ibssm.org/a/donate/search

I truly appreciate your prayers in this time. 



Comments

Popular Posts