Taking Risks with God

God recently asked me to take a risk with Him. And the thing about risks is they are always scary, they require something of us. It stretches us to trust God more and fully lean on who He says He is.

God invited me to go to a conference in Europe this summer called Awakening Europe. From the moment I heard about it my heart was stirred. Yet in my thinking it seemed impossible, the idea of buying a plane ticket to Germany in the middle of July would cost over $1000. Yet God continued to bring it up in my mind time and time again – I couldn’t ignore it and every way I asked Him to make it clear He did.
And though I felt confident, this morning as I was picking out my flights I suddenly got scared again, wondering is this right decision – and God spoke saying, “trust me, trust me, trust me.

There is beauty in taking risk. In this moment I am acting on my belief that God is my abundant provider, that He is more important and He is to be trusted more than money. Through stepping out I allow head knowledge to become experiential knowledge and I create a space to allow God to reveal Himself even more.
God is always inviting us into more, His wants to co-labor with us, that is His desire. But we must be willing to step out and be obedient to His voice. God loves obedience and I fully believe that through us choosing to listen and obey we step into areas of greater depth and blessing with God.

And even if I was to make a mistake, and if in the eyes of the world I would seem to fail in taking my risk – my value does not change, my worth does not change, I am still in the heart of God and a receiver of His unconditional love – and He loves when we choose to be brave and step out with Him.

Phil 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

If you would like to read my about Awakening Europe 
Click on this link: www.awakeningeurope.com

Comments

Popular Posts