As I lay in bed last night God was bringing faces to mind, He was showing me people and telling me how much He loves them.  This year I have been going to the bars on Friday night to love people.  It was these people that God was bringing to mind. It was the older man who I didn’t want to go near, it was the drunk lady from the previous week asking me desperately to pray for her when I got home, it was the man who shut down the moment He found out I was a Christian. It is in these moments, in these places that I find the person of Jesus. I gain a greater understanding of what He looks like. I do not want to allow my faith to keep me in a safe bubble that confines me to those like me, I want my faith to allow me to love those that others would have no desire to talk to, isn’t that what Jesus would do? Would he go to the bars and dance with the people, looking them in the eyes and telling them how beautiful they are, how loved they are? I believe He would. I have seen God move in such beautiful ways in the bars, and I have found a part of myself come more alive in doing so. I won’t let me faith enable me to live a life that looks safe, a life that looks clean and perfect. My desire is that my faith would enable me to take risks, that it would allow me to hug the hurting, hug the broken, no matter who they are or what that looks like.  In the tension of being concerned with what other people will think, do I pass over and walk past the very people who need love. Jesus got flack for the people He loved; He was questioned on those He chose to spend him time with. Do I love those who others accept me loving, or I do love as Jesus did? I want my heart to be moved by the person of Jesus,  that his actions would stir my heart to deeper compassion.

God shows up so beautifully in the bars. He loves these people so much. I feel so moved that I get to do this every Friday this school year. That I get to go and show people who Jesus.



AZUSA NOW

In April all 2000 students at BSSM will be traveling down to LA for our missions week. We have such a beautiful opportunity to participate with what God is doing in America, to play a role with His love manifesting in this country.

Here is a link to the video explaining what we will be taking part in.

The total cost of the is $1300, and I still owe $1090 more, $190 of that is due Dec. 15th.  I am working to put my own money towards the trip as well, and the other week my friends and I did  a closet sale to raise money towards the trip.
If you would like to participate through donations or prayer I would greatly appreciate that. Having grown up a missionary kid, it is still very vulnerable for me to ask for financial support in these areas, but I know I have a Father who always provides and that He desires for me to be able to participate in this trip.  His extravagant goodness never ceases to amaze me.

If you would like to give you can follow the link below:

Comments

Popular Posts